We are committed to giving a portion of everything we produce directly back to the community.
- In 2021 and 2022 we donated a portion of each harvest to The Magic Food Bus and Healthy Acadia.
- For 2023, we taking it a step further and are committed to offering at least 10% of our entire harvest free-of-charge; either as donations or subsidized farm shares via our community partners.
With support from our patrons and the surrounding community, we hope that each year we will be able to give a larger portion of our total production away FOR FREE.
A longer term goal is to move away entirely from a for-profit model, because we believe access to healthy, chemical-free food should be available to everyone. For information how to participate, either as a financial supporter or as a recipient, please get in touch.
With support from:
Maine Senior FarmShare
We are very proud to participate in the Maine Senior FarmShare program! If you or someone you know is eligible and would like to sign up, please contact us.
- Be a Maine resident
- Be 60 years old or older (55 years old or older for Native Americans)
- Meet the 2022 Income Guidelines:
- Maximum of $25,142/per year for a one-person household; or
- Maximum of $33,874/per year for a two-person household
We are proud to partner with Healthy Island Project to help us distribute Senior Farm Shares across Deer Isle. Shares can also be picked up Fridays at the Stonington Farmer’s Market or by prior arrangement at our farm in Penobscot.